Saturday, April 5, 2008

Arlington Cemetary





We walked together to the farthest point on the map. It took us even to a deeper serene ground; the latest burials of 2000-2008. I will never forget how I felt, how all of us felt. Pictures, special trinkets and flowers covered the headstones into distant rolling hills. There where no graves behind us, just dates as recent as April 2008. Tears rolled down from my eyes. How appreciative we must be! Soldiers not only fight for their country, they fight for whats right. They put their own life aside and battle against the greatest enemy with every breath they have. They found our country and no wonder they are proud to be in the spots they are. They make our opinions free, our actions heard. Thank-you United States soldiers, you are never forgotten.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hi Jenna, I just want to say, I love all these posts....truly amazing!!! I especially love this one...You put the words perfectly. I just love that one of Rosie by the headstone. That one is truly award worthy.
Keep going girl, I am so proud of you!! I just love looking your art!!